Today was marked by beautiful, warm, sunny, Spring weather; filled with the sound of birds chirping and scent of budding blossoms. Sadly, I was stuck indoors working and bored out of my ever-loving mind.
By the time I left work it was dark. To make up for what I missed the following is a list of beauty that comes out on warm Spring nights:
- The scent of Night Blooming Jasmine and Orange Blossoms washing over sidewalks and through open car windows;
- Porch lights waiting to welcome home their owners;
- Watching homes come to life as their denizens return and fill their rooms and halls with the scents and sounds of community;
- Laughter wafting from open windows as friends and family sit around dinner tables catching up on one another’s days and lives;
- The mouthwatering scent of outdoor grilling and bbq;
- The continued hope that one day I will see a firefly (though not in CA) and catch one in my hands for a moment before letting it flit away into the darkness…
4.6.2010 – Boredom (Orange, CA)*
Blogtrack — Notice a theme?
Stars, “What the Snowman Learned About Love”;
Mobius Band, “True Love Will Find You in the End”;
Little & Ashley, “Stole My Heart”;
Rufus Wainwright, “Art Teacher”;
Nellie McKay, “If I Ever had a Dream”;
Blitzen Trapper, “Heaven and Earth”; and
Colour Revolt, “A New Family”.