As 2009 winds up I am drawn to the following songs, both new and old, because each tells a bit about a moment/season of the last year.
- Miracle Fortress, “Have You Seen in Your Dreams”
- Mumford & Sons, “White Blank Page”
- The Weepies, “Not Your Year”
- mewithoutYou, “C-Minor”
- Thrice, “Silver Wings”
- Rosie Thomas, “Kite Song”
- Kings of Convenience, “Homesick”
- A.A. Bondy, “I Can See the Pines are Dancing”
- Junior Boys, “Parallel Lines”
- Yeasayer, “Ambling Alps” — “Now, the world can be an unfair place at times, but your lows will have their complement of highs…raise your head and wear your wounds with pride” = sooo good.